Friday, August 15, 2008

School Days Will Be Over In Less Than A Month!

I have to admit, I'm a bit excited! I took my first college course in 1997, as our high school allowed dual enrollment. I remember, it was Algebra. Thinking I needed to take it while it was still fresh in my brain...I was right. I can't remember much of it now, 11 years later! Between life, the Navy, getting married and divorced, then getting back on track...I'm almost done! In 2003 or so, I finished my Associate Degree in Arts. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, and that was the fastest thing I could finish. Soon after, I realized that that wouldn't get me anywhere!

I had heard great things about Baker College, and checked it out. It was nice, because they had schedules to accommodate the working adult. And, I didn't feel "old", as there weren't as many kids fresh out of high school in my classes as at JCC. So, I messed with the on campus classes for a while, but they were tiring. Classes were from 6-10pm and I just got out of work at 6pm after a 10 hour day. It was very hard to do. Also, I talked to people who were in the accelerated program, and for some reason they weren't offering it to new students.

After taking a course online, I found out I could do their "corporate track" program and be done with my Bachelor's much quicker than traditional courses on campus. So, I became a completely online student. This worked out well spending the last year in Baton Rouge. None of my course work was interrupted. The best thing that happened was after parting ways with my employer March 1, 2008...I was able to take 22 credit hours and wrap up the bulk of my classes that were left. Now, I am just wrapping up two VERY LONG papers...and finishing up my Human Resources Employment and Labor Law class. The final date of that class is 9/10/08!! YAY!!!

I am so excited to close that chapter of my life and move on to another!

1 comment:

Koleen said...

I am so glad you are almost done with school. I knew you could do it!